Monday, February 21, 2011

White Lie Saturday

I worked another 80 hour week again. My girl, of course wanted to spend all weekend dragging me from store to store looking for high heels that she never wears any ways. But I lied and told her I was working Saturday, and was able to get a little sanity in my weekend. I called up Matt from Olde Pro, and we made a plan. The plan was to go shoe shopping.





This is Frankel's in Brooklyn. It is by far one of the most reasonably-priced workwear/boot stores I've ever been to. I never got the guy's name who runs the store, because he's constantly interrupting you and changing the subject. (Update: His name is Frankel) He does most of his business online selling boots to Japan, and he employs eight neighborhood girls to take care of all the shipping.


Here's Matt trying on the latest from Thorogood. Frankel's has everything, and he keeps up with all the Japanese trends. That second shoe from the left, below, is what all the Japs are going crazy for now. It's only a matter of time before you see all the Socal kids wearing them. I will barf on whoever I see with these. Also, I bought some 8" Thorogood Moccasin Toes so I could fit in with everyone at work.


Pastrami-Reuben break.

We were in Red Hook, so we decided to bother Keino. Keino was very gracious with his time even though he doesn't know us from a couple of pushy local hipsters. His power was out in his shop when we barged our way through the door, and we sat there staring at him while he and a friend tried to get the lights turned back on. The lights came on, and we proceeded to snap pictures and talk about ourselves (at least that was my agenda) as Keino showed us around his shop. Needless to say, it was filled with tons of cool shit.











Then we excused ourselves and headed over to Machina Cycles. This is where Matt keeps his sweet Sporty. He was having trouble getting it started after the long winter, so I convinced him to take it half-apart and travel halfway around Brooklyn looking for spark plugs all to no avail. After I left, Matt put a heavy-duty car battery jump starter on it, and the Sporty fired right up. Don't listen to me, Matt.




Bag o'shit on Verona Street. I love Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment